Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Let's Compare Satellite/Cable/Phone TV Service

For TV only, not internet or phone service.

I just got my monthly statement today for our Dish Network.

I have:

250 channels

HBO & Max

FOX Sports

HD 250

HD Platinum

Service Plan

Receiver lease

DVR

Cost $160 pm which includes $17 in taxes?

Is this in the ball park with what you guys are paying for similar service, or way over?

For TV only, not internet or phone service.

I just got my monthly statement today for our Dish Network.

I have:

250 channels

HBO & Max

FOX Sports

HD 250

HD Platinum

Service Plan

Receiver lease

DVR

Cost $160 pm which includes $17 in taxes?

Is this in the ball park with what you guys are paying for similar service, or way over?

Imagine that..250 channals and nothing on.

sounds like more than I pay to have nothing on

$177.00 ? Your getting the Shaft .

I'm $69.00 a month with all that but HBO/Max.

The 160 included the taxes.

Do you have the HD package?

Who are you with?

Edited by Menzies

I just signed up for Direct TV with 295 channels, HD, Whole house DVR for $77/Mo. the only premium included was encore. HBO, SHO, MAX, and STARZ were each an additional $10, or the whole package was $110 if you wanted all of them. Generally, I've found the premiums to not be worth it if you go to the theater more than once a month, because you'll have seen most of what you want to see long before it hits the pay channels.

Looks like I may have to revisit the set up.

Doing this is like cell phone plans. You need to be diligent is revisiting your account every couple of years as deals tend to "leapfrog" one another.

I always reckon it's best to call the company your are with first and ask them to re-evaluate your account for best price. If that doesn't shake something loose then look around.

So now I know what I will be doing this weekend.

By the way, the missus and I were in Best Buy looking at gifts for our son who turns 21 on the 29th. After we had looked at what we wanted to I said "hey let's go look at the 3D TVs.

So over we go to the Home Theatre room. Sit in the leather chairs and I hand her the glasses. "What! I have to sit wearing these all night?!"

"No dear, just when you are watching a 3D movie."

"Screw that," say she, "I'm not putting these on, someone might come over unexpectedly!"

"Well, what if we just get one for the bedroom where I can go and watch movies and sports?"

"Hang on, what sort of movies are going to be coming out on 3D," asks she!

Busted.

Ah well. Looks like I need to wait until 3D is the only way we get TV before I am going to get one!