Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Hydrocat Boats

wondering if any other hydrocat owners around here that i could compare notes with, being as they are out of buisness and all. our rig is a 30cc w/ f225s

hauled the boat out the other day to do various maintenence etc. and ran into something i can't figure out. There is a sintered bronze disc (or something else i know its not zinc), about 2in diameter on transom beneath the water line. There is one on each sponson. inside the bilge there is a ring connector attached to this plate via a nut. Ring connector is going to what looks like 10 gauge wire and begins a run forward toward to bow. can't find anything that is hooking into this wire (at least that i can find). boat has an old sitex loran xj-1 but even this unit doesn't seem to attach to this wire run (figured that might have been it for interference reduction).

Anyone have any ideas? maybe a bonding system, but seems way to small for that. Need to figure it out because i broke one of the little disk while trying to clean it up and now i can't find a replacement.

I don't know that boat, but it's almost certainly a ground bond. Does it look factory, or added on? It could possibly have been for a SSB or Ham radio ground. If you have an ohm meter, try reading continuity between it and the boats grounding system, or an engine block or negative battery terminal.

http://store.hamiltonmarine.com/browse.cfm/dynaplate-ground-standard-6-x-2-x-1-2-116559-/4,5483.html

Edited by Cracker Larry

• 2 weeks later...

Hydrocat put one on each hull for the boat bonding system,the wires should be attached to all of the thruhulls,fuel tank in each hull as well as the electronics. Similar set up to a Dyna Plate bomding system

Edited by katman3660