Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Big thanks to Hotspot and Andy

I just wanted to say THANKS to Hotspot and Andy for the Yamaha maintenance tips they posted a while back. Thanks to you guys I was able to change out the impellers on my two Yamaha 150 HPDIs this weekend. I'm pretty green when in comes to working on boat motors, but the instructions you provided were damn near idiot proof. You saved me a bunch of money. All parts were purchased from SIM of course .... :)

I just wanted to say THANKS to Hotspot and Andy for the Yamaha maintenance tips they posted a while back. Thanks to you guys I was able to change out the impellers on my two Yamaha 150 HPDIs this weekend. I'm pretty green when in comes to working on boat motors, but the instructions you provided were damn near idiot proof. You saved me a bunch of money. All parts were purchased from SIM of course .... :)

Chris how are your HPDI'S doing and how many hours do you have on them. I used to have a pr of 200 hpdi's on my boat and thought they were very good engines.The guy i sold my hpdi's to just hit the 2000 hr mark on his

Edited by SCAngler

Chris how are your HPDI'S doing and how many hours do you have on them. I used to have a pr of 200 hpdi's on my boat and thought they were very good engines.The guy i sold my hpdi's to just hit the 2000 hr mark on his

I only have about 400 hours on them. They're running great. No major issues, but have had a few minor things come up. I had trouble with an overheat after a long (3+ hour) cruise. Happened once a few years ago, but hasn't shown up since. I also had to replace the fuel filter element cups this year because they had swolen due to ethanol absorption. Other than that, I've done nothing but normal routine mainentance. I WISH I could be out on the water enough to rack up 2K hours...

That is a task I have been meaning to tackle but on a smaller scale (Yamaha 70). Where did you find these instructions?

Hotspot posted a link to them in this post back in April of last year, but the link apparently doesn't work anymore. I think Andy of Shipyard Island Marine (SIM) used to have a link on his site as well, but I don't see it up there anymore. Not sure if there's a backstory behind all that or what... Either way, the intstructions are great and fortunately for me, I downloaded a copy, so if you're interested PM me your e-mail address and I'll send them.

Hotspot or Andy, please just let me know if you object.

Edited by ChrisF

I gave all of those instructions to Andy so he could post them up on his site: http://www.simyamaha.com/category_s/1985.htm

Glad this stuff is still helping folks out!!

Stayed tuned for Suzuki 150 Four Stroke Maintenance Tips!!

You know, I searched all over the SIM site and somehow managed to miss that page. Thanks for reposting the link so others can benefit.