Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Yamaha F200/225 Maintenance Tips

The link below will take you to a web page that Andy (SIM) and I collaborated on. It is filled with the most common maintenance items these engines require.

If you use these tips, do the right thing and buy your parts from Andy (parts@shipyardisland.com) at Shipyard Island.

Yamaha F200/255 Maintenance Tips

F150 Tips Coming Soon!!!

Enjoy. :605_thumbs_up:

The link below will take you to a web page that Andy (SIM) and I collaborated on. It is filled with the most common maintenance items these engines require.

If you use these tips, do the right thing and buy your parts from Andy (parts@shipyardisland.com) at Shipyard Island.

Yamaha F200/255 Maintenance Tips

F150 Tips Coming Soon!!!

Enjoy. :605_thumbs_up:

Thats nice. Now theres almost no need to go to that other place?

I looked over the VST instructions you did and it is a great instruction guide. I just did my water pump using a printed copy of your instructions and found that project to be fairly straightforward. The VST project however seems like lots of bolts, wires, housings and zip ties to remove and replace. How hard would you rate that project? How long did it take you to do it? I like doing things for myself but don't want to get in over my head since I'm a novice outboard do it yourselfer.

I have done the VST before. It is not hard at all, just takes a little time.

It takes a couple hours the first time you do it. Just take your time.

It is the most difficult task of all those tips.

If I can do it anyone can. I even changed my fuel pump as well. Just make sure you get a new gasket because the old one will be hard to put back for a good seal. Make sure you drain the VST tank first (bottom screw) If you change the fuel pump make sure you put the little black o-ring on the fuel pump before you put it back in the VST tank. You will have to move the two wires on the top of the fuel pump a little to make it fit. We did ours with the boat in the water. We took out the side bolts on the tank first (3 bolts ) and then two bolts on the botton on a braket after this we took out the 8 or so screws on the top of the VST tank and it opened right up, we cleaned it up and changed the filter on the bottom and it was good to go.