Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Want To Trade Penn 9/0 with Rod...

I have a Penn 9/0 that has been used under 5 times. It is in great condition. It has a little pitting on the back of the reel where it attaches to the rod but it could be fixed easily. The rod is a brand new PacHawk Oceantech (model #OHG-5617RC) 5'6" lent and has a line class of 30-80lbs. The first and last guides are roller guides. The rod has never been used and is in great shape. It has brand new #65lb Suffix Tritanium in hi-vis green that was just put on. The reel also comes with a brand new Calcutta reel cover that is worth about $18.This set up can catch just about any fish from grouper to blue-fin.

I am looking to trade it for a saltwater casting reel that will go on a 10'6" 2-6oz casting surf rod. The reel does not have to be brand new but needs to work great. I am looking for something like the Avet SX or the Shimano Calcutta. I would be open to any reel manufacture like Penn or Ambassador also. Just as long as the reel has decent line capacity and is made for casting. I am not looking to get over on someone so if I need to put money with this set-up to make the deal I will.

You can PM me here or email me at mattmuttsmith@yahoo.com. I live in severe south eastern NC at Oak Island NC. I would be willing to travel an hour to meet up with you. I will also ship this item well so there is no way it could be damaged.

If you need pics just let me know but this is a pretty straight forward item so I'm sure you know what it is.