Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Why the need to stir the pot...

Abused as a child and looking for attention :504_shrugging:

Nahhhh, they were dropped on their head as a child.

As for all the others, they plain and simply have a sickness. There is absolutely nothing right about intentionally going out of your way to piss one or a hundred people off just for your jollies.

Having a bad day, well ok, there is always exceptions, but as a means to communicate on an on going bases, that's a sickness.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having been known to get into a few discussions of differing opinions myself, I will response as long as it is civil. The instant it turns to bashing or something other than discussion, I try to leave it... It may not always work that way, but that is my rule in posting (not that I'm 100 percent on that). I have never had a problem with PM's. Wiley seemed to always be fair in his moderation and I look forward to watching this board develope...

Hey Cracker.. I never thought that you were stirring the pot or at least never notice it... I know that people feel strongly about some issues, or they are simple passionate about things, and thats perfectly fine... exposing your point of view and respectfully discussing it it's fine... But I've been seeing people starting new threads just to annoy people, like "all cops are corrupt and do not know what they are doing...", or comments like "all of the patrol LEOs only carry a wimpy 9mm" ;) if you know what I mean.

I can be frustrated at a cop and post a new thread ranting about and exposing my reasons to be pissed at the cops... but also when I post something like that I'm always open to listen other peoples opinions, and see if they went through the same thing... I may be wrong, who knows?!?!?

But the threads I talk about are more like just fighting for fighting without any reason or cause other than just to pissed somebody else behind a keyboard...

Gringa and ScarabChris hit it right in the head, I thought that I was the only one noticing it....

Jersus says, if you do not feed the trolls, there will be no trolls.

Praise yew! I myself was a large part of these antics. But these days, I see no point. I raise enuff heLL during my normal everyday life. Perhaps this is the "calmer" TrollnHeel.... :1143_neener_neener_neener:

Having been known to get into a few discussions of differing opinions myself, I will response as long as it is civil. The instant it turns to bashing or something other than discussion, I try to leave it... It may not always work that way, but that is my rule in posting (not that im 100 percent on that). I have never had a problem with PM's. Wiley seemed to always be fair in his moderation and I look forward to watching this board develope...

I think thats about right. La Gringa nailed it, but it aint always easy to pass up a little controversey if you have any opinions. Just don't let it get nasty.

I think thats about right. La Gringa nailed it, but it aint always easy to pass up a little controversey if you have any opinions. Just don't let it get nasty.

Well put: Caveman.

"Pot stirin' " is one of those one 'eye of the beholder' type of things, (IMHO).

I'm a firm believer in choice, (which seems some times) ta be under rated n' under stated. ;)

If a poster has a manner of postin' that is irritatin' to ya, (or says something ya find irritatin'), use yer mouse ta move to a post that is not irritatin': problem solved. Real easy!

"Ignore" is also great thing: so I agree with that tried n' true corncept as well. Even use it meself. :)

If a poster really is: "stirin' the ol' pot" it is very likely fer attention, n' denial of said attention is the very best way ta make sure less "pot stirin' " occurs in the forseeable future.

After all if there is a 'pot' it takes at least two ta 'stir' said pot: so be sure ta gaze in the ol' mirror before ya place blame on all those pots that get stirred up.

Respectfully, JR

But the threads I talk about are more like just fighting for fighting without any reason or cause other than just to pissed somebody else behind a keyboard...

And this is the safest arena for it..... It's so easy to talk smack when your looking eye to eye with your graphics display...

"Do not wait until some deed of greatness you may do,

Do not wait to shed your light afar;

To the many duties ever near you now be true,

Brighten the corner where you are.

Refrain:

Brighten the corner where you are!

Someone far from harbor you may guide across the bar;

Just above are clouded skies that you may help to clear,

Let not narrow self your way debar;

Though into one heart alone may fall your song of cheer,

Here for all your talent you may surely find a need,

Here reflect the bright and Morning Star;

Even from your humble hand the Bread of Life may feed,

Brighten the corner where you are. "

(thats always been MY motto!)

"Do not wait until some deed of greatness you may do,

Do not wait to shed your light afar;

To the many duties ever near you now be true,

Refrain:

Someone far from harbor you may guide across the bar;

Just above are clouded skies that you may help to clear,

Let not narrow self your way debar;

Though into one heart alone may fall your song of cheer,

Here for all your talent you may surely find a need,

Here reflect the bright and Morning Star;

Even from your humble hand the Bread of Life may feed,

Brighten the corner where you are. "

(thats always been MY motto!)

oh BULL CHIT..!!!!! hahahahahaha...!!!

Are we talking about stuff like the "F-bomb" thread?

Some folks just can't help themselves.

What I sometimes think is going on is some of the more aggressive members--- ugh let's see---- how I can say this in a both constructive and non confrontational manner.

Some of the more aggressive members may not wear the pants in the family, in fact they may not even be allowed to wear pants at all. I picture a few of them sitting at the computer at 0300 dressed in their jocky draws, quietly posting on web, hoping not to wake the 300# wife sleeping in the next room.

So these guys have to exhibit all their manlyness where they are allowed to, that's here on the internet.