Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

New 36 Yellowfin with new 300's Video

This is a short video of the new 300's running in some sloppy conditions. We were going between 38 and 40mph. The boat is awesome, and the motors are a perfect match. The amount of fuel is only for the center tank. The boat had 4 people, right at 200gallons of fuel, full water, fuel, etc... Not to bad, and it is still being broken in.

Travis

post-2051-127844444456_thumb.jpg

Edited by SeaShot

congrats on the boat..looks like it runs ok in the chop. next time I would like to see more babes in your video..LOL

Thanks for the compliments. The seas were actually worse then the video let on, with the storms. It was a true sloppy 3-4. The boat was nothing short of awesome and the motors I believe are going to be great sellers for a ton of boat companies. I am still in the breaking in process and still learning how to drive it. The video was also take with out trim tabs. In all honesty the boat does not need them. I will try to get some better video in the weeks to come. The rain cut this one short.

congrats on the boat..looks like it runs ok in the chop. next time I would like to see more babes in your video..LOL

Thanks for the compliments. The seas were actually worse then the video let on, with the storms. It was a true sloppy 3-4. The boat was nothing short of awesome and the motors I believe are going to be great sellers for a ton of boat companies. I am still in the breaking in process and still learning how to drive it. The video was also take with out trim tabs. In all honesty the boat does not need them. I will try to get some better video in the weeks to come. The rain cut this one short.

cool..it looked sloppy..reminds me of the gulf water we have..solid 3's.. Enjoy your ride, she is sweet..

Not bad 1.4 miles to the gallon on a 36 with trip 300s running at 40MPH in a chop. Please post your other performance numbers after you spend some time on her.

Some other #'s that I have seen:

3500rpm 36mph 1.5mpg

4000rpm 44-45mph 1.3-1.4mpg

4500rpm 50mph 1.1-1.2mpg

5000rpm 55-56mph 1.0mpg

6000rpm 64.7mph 0.8mpg

I know yellowfin got over 65mph with this boat.

I had about 200-225gallons of fuel in the boat, full water, hardtop, open aray radar, coffinbox full of ice, beer, and rum punch, forward seating, and 4 people when the numbers abover were taken. I know that light it gets even better, and with close to 400 gallons of fuel you can take 1/10th of a mile per gallon off those numbers and about 1mph of speed.

I will keep you posted on more numbers when I get more time on her.

Travis

Edited by SeaShot