Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Why I don’t post much

Thank you for the welcome and the advice. I am very happy with how things are right now. I had worked for many years so my son could live with me and I could fix some of the problems his mother caused. He accepted the challenge and worked like crazy to square himself away. Right now it is a pretty sweet time: he graduated high school earlier this month and he is getting ready to go to college later this summer. It is time to enjoy his achievements and company because it won’t be long and he will be out of the house.

All that said, I’m going to have time on my hands this fall and I’d like to get my boat ready for next spring. It is a 1991 Proline 260 Walk. The boat is in great shape with no hull or deck damage but it is a little long in the tooth.

Need new electronics. Don’t need the loran anymore, like to upgrade the caveman GPS to something modern, I’d like a VHF that has DSC.

Planning on getting a new engine. I don’t trust a 20 year old 2 stroke.

Hey, what you callin' the "caveman gps"? :D

This Caveman just upgraded old electronics with a new Lowrance HDS-7, with Sirius Weather Radar Module

http://www.lowrance.com/Products/Marine/HDS-High-Definition-System/HDS-7-FishfinderGPS-Chartplotter/

http://www.lowrance.com/Products/Marine/Broadband-Sounder-and-Ethernetworking/LWX-1/?utm_source=RelatedProductsBanner&utm_medium=Internal&utm_content=1&utm_campaign=RelatedProducts

I absolutely love the thing compared to the old fishfinder & chartplotter I had on the boat.

Also just re-powered with Suzuki 150s. Another great choice.

Good luck with your boat. Sounds like you've got some fun ahead. :605_thumbs_up: