Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

TSA stealing the food straight out of the mouths of my children!

Read between the lines K-ss My A-- !!!

Soon we will all need some kind of Gov't ID.

Can you say: "Let me zee your papiers, plezzze?"

then hear "Come wit me, your papiers are NOT in order!"

:2403_worshipper:

This is out of control! :2261_high:

:753_hammer_hitting_head:

I would agree with you...butttt

In order to do that, they'd acutally need the scanners to read my new super technology advanced (not frecking waterproof! :753_hammer_hitting_head: ) ID badge. Last I heard they were ironing out all sorts of wrinkles with the things....I don't think there is anyone in my neck of the woods that is likely to have the ability to check my "papiers."

More likely scenario methinks:

"Let me zee your papeirs plezzze?"

"I cannot reeed theze papiers, I never lurned to reed, would you read it to me pleeze?"

I renewed my AB ticket and was asking the lady at the Coast Guard office in Miami about TWIC, she pointed me to a flyer on the wall. Also wouldn't accept my TWIC as a form of ID, this was last month. For anyone who has one and has some time to kill while traveling the friendly sky's, try to use it to clear security in the airport. See what the TSA agent does when you hand them a TSA ID, entertaining if you are early to the airport.

... See what the TSA agent does when you hand them a TSA ID, entertaining if you are early to the airport.

For some reason, I was asked for a 2nd ID the last time I flew. My Boater Safety card was right under my license so I showed that. No problem. Must have thought I as CG or something, or else it was a "flinch" test.

Anything that keeps them from looking in my bog brown eye...

Two things:

1. Can someone explain what this card that evidently I am supposed to have is?

2. Sales tax, don't get me started - I could go on and on but in fifty words or less sales tax is the worst kind of tax to have because it drives marginal business out of business. If you can make 4 or 5 percent net on your sales and then pay income tax on your profit that is o.k. you still get some profit after tax - with sales tax if you can make 4 or 5 percent on your sales and pay 7% sales tax you go out of business because you're losing 3 or 4% on every dollar you gross. Don't tell me you collect it on top of your sales because it is just amounts to raising your price - if you could do that without losing sales volume wouldn't you have done it already?