Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

West End mid April

Going to West End to fish in mid April and wanted suggestions from the board. Staying at Blue Marlin Cove and will be there for 4 days. Any help regarding YFT's, Wahoo, 'phins, etc. is welcome. How about high speeding the 'hoos, I have the gear, is it worth taking? The Hun

Going to West End to fish in mid April and wanted suggestions from the board. Staying at Blue Marlin Cove and will be there for 4 days. Any help regarding YFT's, Wahoo, 'phins, etc. is welcome. How about high speeding the 'hoos, I have the gear, is it worth taking? The Hun

I msy be over around the same time. High speed wahoo not so much. Tuna could be hot but you will have to run from west end south east in the NW providence channel or north of the corner which is a haul from WE. I have had good success YFT fishing out of Lucaya. If you are tagreting YFT I would do Lucya or Grand Cay in the north. If you have family and non fisherman then Lucaya is the best. if you guys are hard core then do Rosie's on Grand Cay and fish north of Grand 20-50 miles and should find the birds.

We have hammered the YFT out of Lucaya in some trips we were only 7 miles out! Either way its all fun good luck!

I am going to be over there May 14-17th at Blue Marlin Cove. You should bring Ballyhoo as the dolphin bite should be red hot. It sure was last year. You might find a few Hoo's, but I have always done best around the corner up north. Yellowfin's never really showed last year, but the year before we crushed them. Make sure that you bring a Chaos daisey Chain for the tuna's. That lure works the best over there.

Good luck and have fun

Thanks all. We are going to fish that channel to the south some but I saw a report on fishing up north. Any tips regarding location " up north " and if so are there ledges drops lat/lon's etc. Thanks to all. As a side note if your ever in my neck of the woods just call and I'll hook you up. The Hun

I msy be over around the same time. High speed wahoo not so much. Tuna could be hot but you will have to run from west end south east in the NW providence channel or north of the corner which is a haul from WE. I have had good success YFT fishing out of Lucaya. If you are tagreting YFT I would do Lucya or Grand Cay in the north. If you have family and non fisherman then Lucaya is the best. if you guys are hard core then do Rosie's on Grand Cay and fish north of Grand 20-50 miles and should find the birds.

We have hammered the YFT out of Lucaya in some trips we were only 7 miles out! Either way its all fun good luck!

Bill,

When are you going over? I'm headed over to BB on Apr 20th for a couple of days and then to Green Turtle for a couple of months.

CSkipR

Bill,

When are you going over? I'm headed over to BB on Apr 20th for a couple of days and then to Green Turtle for a couple of months.

CSkipR

I may go next weekend or the 20th depends on the weather. I heard yseterday from a commercial guy that the YFT bite is the best its been in years..Everyone is chasing birds up north of the corner.