Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Suzuki 300 Check Engine Code 7-5

my book says it is the DWB system ,posible conditions:

.-CAN communication error between BCM and ECM

-LPS error (ECM recieved an input signal from each sensor that was outside the range ot 4.5- 5.5V as total of main sensor and subsensor)

- Low BCM source voltage (less than 6v)

-BCM failure

-ECM failure

As to your question about fixing it, that would depend on your diagontic skills. If you let anybody other than the dealer monkey around with this, it should at least be a auto technican with this skill set.

Unplug the Engine interface at all points, even away from the tees. Unplug the 32-pin connector from the BCM behind the helm and on the powerhead behind the black cover. Plug all back in, then turn on your batt charger. Leave it on for a few hours to make sure your batt(s) have adequate voltage. Go back through "Boat Setup", then proceed with "Buss Devices".

Sounds like your engines "data" wasn't ever really burned in to the data modules...

I got the same error a couple times on my 300. I was checking all my battery connections and cleaning

the terminals. I was taking the negative cable loose and notice a krinkle feeling about 2' from the end. There

was corrosion working it's way up the wire. My batteries were under the console so it was a long

cable. Replaced the cable and no problems from then on. Did the code come on when you were cranking?

Check all your connections even where the ground connects to the engine block. The computers are real sensitive to voltage.

I just disconnected the battery cables to reset. There is also a white

wire I believe that has to be connected directly to 12V constantly(it powers the computer)

which can cause problems if it gets corroded.

Edited by parrott

I got the same error a couple times on my 300. I was checking all my battery connections and cleaning

the terminals. I was taking the negative cable loose and notice a krinkle feeling about 2' from the end. There

was corrosion working it's way up the wire. My batteries were under the console so it was a long

cable. Replaced the cable and no problems from then on. Did the code come on when you were cranking?

Check all your connections even where the ground connects to the engine block. The computers are real sensitive to voltage.

I just disconnected the battery cables to reset. There is also a white

wire I believe that has to be connected directly to 12V constantly(it powers the computer)

which can cause problems if it gets corroded.

Parrot,

That white wire (what we call Suzuki's version of Merc's "Clean Power" wire on DTS systems) need only be connected to the common post on the batt switch. It doesn't have to be constant hot...but it is absolutely necessary...

I took it to my boat builder (Bluewater). Voltages and connections checked good. They replaced the remote control unit, went through the set-up procedure, and it worked perfectly (thanks Pete!). The remote control unit is the device that is mounted to the console with the throttle/shift levers and tilt switches. Lucky for me that Bluewater had one available...