Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

My New Gauge Panel

I just wanted to share my latest project. I have been wanting to improve the look of my console since I bought the boat. I found a guy up North that said he would laser cut me a new panel but once I attempted to get him to do it, he "lost" my pattern, and went up on his price. I said the hell with him and decided to do it myself. I attached pictures of the old console and the "new" one. As you can see, I added some gauges. Now the fun part comes, figuring out how to wire all this stuff up. Anyway, just wanted to share and show what most of us are capable of if we put our minds to it.

PolarBoatJune094.jpg

NewConsolePanel3.jpg

Edited by Dfreedom

I thought about putting it on top of the console but it will tilt so if I am standing I can tilt it up. It was already mounted low by the previous owner, I just moved it over because the steering wheel blocked it. I had not thought of corian, not sure how it would do after a lot of exposure to the sun.