Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

A new concept in trim control

Looks like a great system. As soon as someone contracts us out to build a larger model than our current 19', we will be installing twin engines and will certainly give you a call.

Do you put trim tabs on the 19' look at the control you can get on the lenco tabs in the video on our home page, Works ideal on smaller boat's

• 5 months later...

I finally got to install my TT system last weekend. It was really not that hard to deal with without it on there but with it it is a big improvement. I was on calm bay waters as well as a pretty rough day in the ocean running fast and the TT makes it easier to level out and adjust for changing seas. It took a few minutes to get the hang of the new feel but it now just feels more responsive and natural.

Installation on my 250DC was a snap. The control cables are right behind the access plate. I did have to extend the ground wire but that was no problem. less than fifteen minutes and I was leaving the dock to try it out.

Very happy with it.

Joystick control for trim tabs have been around for many years, though I see Bennett has discontinued theirs. Having used both, I prefer switches with indicators to the joystick myself. I watched the video and I am not sure what this product does.

If it has something to do with engine trim, would you want to set your engines to different positions when running?

Joystick control for trim tabs have been around for many years, though I see Bennett has discontinued theirs. Having used both, I prefer switches with indicators to the joystick myself. I watched the video and I am not sure what this product does.

If it has something to do with engine trim, would you want to set your engines to different positions when running?

The motors are your trim tabs on a cat boat. To level the boat you move the motors trim.

The motors are your trim tabs on a cat boat. To level the boat you move the motors trim.

I see. That makes sense.

The bennett control stick was a system with an 6 way switch, both tabs only moved together in the same direction, up or down,

The 1 and 5 o'clock position was up / down Starboard tab

The 11 and 7 o'clock position was up / down port tab

With the Twin Trim system the port and starboard engines or tabs, move in opposite directions at the same rate and time for roll control purpose's. (ailerons on an aircraft)

And up / down together for bow angle adjustment (elevator on an aircraft)

You are able to "Bank" the boat just like an aircraft into a turn or to adjust for changing sea / wind / load conditions

and then correct back to level just as easy without ever taking your eyes off the water.

You are able to trim the boat right to the point of perfection immediately and then change as easily with the conditions.

Most customer as I do prefer the throttle interface systems where we convert the port trim switch to roll control and the starboard to bow up/down

The joysticks can be added as an additional layer of control or for those who do not have built in trim switches

Edited by jfraleigh