Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

A Message For My Friends

Hi Gang,

Sorry I have not been around. There are a few reasons.

Last October, my wife of almost 25 years moved out. We are getting divorced.

In December, I lost my job of 10 years.

The kids are with me and we are doing good. They have been awesome as has my family and friends.

I need to find work. I believe the friend network is stronger than job boards although I am signed up on a few and have contacted a Head Hunter.

If you know of any IT or Telecom opportunities in Central or Eastern NC, shoot me an email.

Thanks gang, I will try to check in from time to time and hope to get things back to normal soon.

That is bad, sorry to hear that. I still have my wife but she has no job, hers went away just before Christmas and went thru a divorce once so I kinda understand how you feel right now. Keep your chin up and I will be hoping that good things come your way.

We have never met nor spoken but I feel your pain. My wife moved out a few months ago and we are divorcing as well. I am fortunate to still have my job(2 actually) but they are uncertain at best.

I am sorry to see another in hard times and truly hope it turns around sooner than later. Either way, it WILL turn around so hang in there.

This will all blow over in time. Just hold on tight for the ride and in the end we will all be stronger for it.

I wish you the best of luck in your job search and your new life. The best advice I can give is think of it as new beginnings not ends. So far it has kept me sane.

If you find yourself in PA or NJ, drop me a line. The first round is on me.

Not to turn this into group therapy but it seems a LOT of bad things are happening to good people lately.

5-6 years ago the wife and I felt we were sitting on top of the world (by our meager standards) but now each waking morning brings us a blind-sided new challenge, usually financial, but with also many people around us becoming sick - and several even passing.

Any time we think we are alone in this battle we hear stories from others in equally tough times such as HotSpot's misfortune.

Our only answer is to plow forward regardless of the 2 steps back.

"Pride is one of those seven-deadlys"