Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Boston Whaler Outrage

That vintage Whaler is probably pretty solid, but watch for possible rot in the wood-cored transom. It's a problem on some of the Whalers from the 80's. Also, you may find some fastenings into the hull aren't really done right and need rework.

I have a 20' Revenge and a 13' Fisherman (from around 1960). I'm a Whaler believer. But they aren't quite indestructible and need all the usual maintenance.

Probably the best Whaler website is at www.continuouswave.com. Check it out.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife says if I sell it. We can move down to the Gulf, West Columbia area down below Houston and sell a few more boats

2261_high.gifSeems somewhat counterintuitive to sell the boats and then move to the coast....

.....unless your selling to up-size, of course1946_headbanging.gif

Yes that is true I can still keep one and besides I can fish with you and Welder or you can come and fish with me :239_fishing:

My wife says if I sell it. We can move down to the Gulf, West Columbia area down below Houston and sell a few more boats

2261_high.gifSeems somewhat counterintuitive to sell the boats and then move to the coast....

.....unless your selling to up-size, of course1946_headbanging.gif

Yes that is true I can still keep one and besides I can fish with you and Welder or you can come and fish with me :239_fishing:

Hell, I may just ask if I can keep my boat at your house when you move to the coast!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a 25' Boston Whaler Outrage 1982 in great condition with twin 140 Johnson's I will be checking things out in the next few days. There is a lot that I do not know about this boat yet. Things I do know it has dual fuel tanks. Any help would be appreciated the cabin wood is fine but the deck wood could look better Thanks Tim