Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Boat upgrade

welder

Good posts!! What the hell is this disease called "twofootitus" all about?? I mean how the heck can I trade up over the course of two years to this perfectly suitable rig, twin 4 strokes, more boat than I thought I would ever have owned (as my retirement present) and not be content with what I have??

It does everything for me, but after a time or two of hitting some 3-5's and getting a little pounded coming in, I just need to have a 26'. Or maybe a nicely equipped, carefully used Scout Abaco 242...??

If someone can come up with a relatively easy 12 step program to wean me, and also possibly Welder, off this insatiable desire for a bigger boat, I may be all for it.

I go to the boat shows to get a grab bag full of freebie junk, but sit down with those salesmen and ponder if that $535 payment won't be felt in the 'ol pocketbook....

Whew...this post is too close to me for comfort.... :o