Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Was it something I said?

wiley

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am always concerned the more "cutting edge" I take the forum the more I might lose those who are in to simplicity.

Cutting Edge, thats me 2261_high.gif , No you have not done anything. I am a GC and we had a slight break in the weather ( very slight) and I have been pushing to get one going.

I even had the "shirt" on yesterday 605_thumbs_up.gif

Butch

Edited by 4/0

Looks like the cars have got me in the garage and the boat and forums have been sitting a bit...it's funny, when I am not fishing or working on my rig, I don't spend much time here. I agree with others, things should get better with the weather. Which sucks lately!

Maybe Wiley can shed some stats on this, but it seemed to me over the last few years that the winter was when the forums got more lively,,,,everyone getting cabin fever. I think Wiley did too good of job on THT, and its very user friendly to those of us that frequent there and here. Initially, the new Mods over there were about to run everyone off, but now they seem to have thier mess together, even to the point that some that left and formed thier own forum are back, and some are on here also. Personally, I do prefer the way THT is set up in terms of the different forums, but thats what I was used to. I also liked the McKee forum, as thats what I have, but the real McKees are now classics. OK,, I'll do better and post more here. BTW Wiley, the boat that you seriously considered, you would have loved it..

Maybe Wiley can shed some stats on this, but it seemed to me over the last few years that the winter was when the forums got more lively,,,,everyone getting cabin fever. I think Wiley did too good of job on THT, and its very user friendly to those of us that frequent there and here. Initially, the new Mods over there were about to run everyone off, but now they seem to have thier mess together, even to the point that some that left and formed thier own forum are back, and some are on here also. Personally, I do prefer the way THT is set up in terms of the different forums, but thats what I was used to. I also liked the McKee forum, as thats what I have, but the real McKees are now classics. OK,, I'll do better and post more here. BTW Wiley, the boat that you seriously considered, you would have loved it..

You may like it there, but wait to see what happens to the layout here in the future!!

David

rb-rules.gif

I am on another forum that has over 195,000 members, they run a pretty tight ship and have no problem with members wanting to leave, several others from there are here also, even one of their moderators. Ya don't fight, friendly banter is ok, no bashing, no politics, and other things. With all those rules it really is a friendly place to be, so don't worry about setting rules in place I don't think it will hurt. There are other forums that you have to be careful what you say cuz somebody is going to pound you with nasty, bashing remarks, those are not so friendly.

Working and had to help put on a big coon hunt last W-E. Now trying to catch up on work.

Cool glad to see you back how did it go :rolleyes:

We put 490 hunters in the woods Fri and Sat night. Put 54 in the woods thurs. night in a warm up hunt. Rained Friday night, the fairgrounds was a muddy mess Sat. but had a real good crowd anyway.