Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Transom Rebuild

Below is link to detailed transom rebuild I recently completed on my 22' Grady. I took pics for all of the steps from beginning to hanging twin outboards.

It took a lot of labor, but not really too much money. I did all the work myself, without any assistance. I would guesstimate a total cost for all materials to be around $700-$800, and that is using the more expensive epoxy resin.

Its' definitly not for the faint of heart, especially when you're cutting the rear floor out of the cockpit to access the interior transom area. I am very happy with the results of all my hard work though. Transom is much better than when new, and doesn't have the water infusion areas it had from the factory.

Hopefully, this will help someone contemplating doing a similar rebuild on their boat. Mike

http://forums.bateau2.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19949

By yourself, very impressive. I did my Wellcraft Offshore 248 2 summers ago, but I had lots of help. http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=18605 Bateau was an invaluable resource as well as great prices on materials. One question, have you been infected by the epoxy? I suffered post project withdrawal symptoms after completion. I had to build one of their plans last winter. I am already drooling over plans for the next build.

post-2288-126421246359_thumb.jpg

post-2288-126421255001_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...