Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Anchor deployment

Currently my anchor line comes from a hatch in the front seating area. When the line is run out, the hatch kind of closes on it. I would like the anchor to come from the deck for a cleaner look.

4.jpg

I was thinking of adding one of these, but wanted keep a "clean" deck.

MP63527622.jpg

I have added a pop up cleat and pop up light. I know most boats now have a hatch on the top deck. What do you think?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have the same issue and thought about the same hardware. However, I can't see how I can keep my anchor in the locker and the rode will still come from the hardware on the bow to the anchor locker. Either way I have rode out of the anchor locker. thus, the hatch will not close. The only thing I could come up with is mount the anchor on the bow and the rode will store in the locker

Rusty

I think that if it's functional and you're OK with the way it looks, it's perfect. My only concern

would be feeding the line back through the hole when pulling the hook.

I had that same type of hardware on two of my former cruisers. I never had a problem feeding the rode back down to the locker through it. On rare occasions when it was necessary to haul the anchor and get underway immediately, I would just pile the rode up on the deck, then slowly feed it down, but most times the rode just slid down into the locker as I pulled the anchor up.

I had that same type of hardware on two of my former cruisers. I never had a problem feeding the rode back down to the locker through it. On rare occasions when it was necessary to haul the anchor and get underway immediately, I would just pile the rode up on the deck, then slowly feed it down, but most times the rode just slid down into the locker as I pulled the anchor up.

Oh just when I had the issue worked out, you come along and put me back on the fence. Thanks alot.

:D