Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

The Future of Boating - NEW Innovative Design

its good to see people thinking out side the box but its a little ugly and doesnt look like the weight capacity could be to high considrering there were guys on the bow and it looked kinda low. i wonder what it would do in flat sea with a random sportfish wake at high speed, would the sponsons cut into the wake n take it over the bow or would there be time for the vessel to adjust? and wuts up with the enthusiastic Ben Stein narrator?

It is definitly good seeing someone trying something new. That's the good part

However, I think it needs a whole lot more testing and developement before releasing as a new boat to be sold and definitly more as something that claims to be the future of boating. Looks more like a home made project for fun, not for world consumption.

I'm not so sure the idea of air lift is really working on this one. It looks like it still runs pretty deep and has Way to wet of a ride. The motor is constantly being sprayed at speed. That can't be good for lonegevity. It sits too low for anything other than calm days on the lake. Just two guys on it really sets her low in the water. Even though it is a cat, it looks pretty unstable. Way too wide for its size. My 25 cat isnt even that wide and holds a lot more people and is stable as can be. And for its length and width, there is no real usable space, especially for a cat. It looks like the windsheild, top and cabin kind of look like a 20 year old runabout. Actually on closer look of pics, it looks like part of the upper bow of that old runabout is still on there. Overall it looks like it was a fun hobbyist thing to build, have lots of fun with it. But it will need some updating and a bit of work before it is ready for the next boat show.

Maybe they should stick with tool and die making. Leave the boat building up to the boat builders. I am not saying that to be mean but if you make tools well, stick with it. After all, I am sure the professional tool makers out there would have lots to say if a boat manufacturer tried to make specialty tool and die.