Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Its offical!

Yeah I'm pretty excited about that. And when he is around 10 he can mow the lawn and wax the boat. :239_fishing:

Congratulations! My boy is just 10 weeks old now and I already feel like time is flying by! I really can't wait until next summer when he'll be walking and can hang out on the boat. This summer he'll be like hauling a watermelon with me everywhere I go :239_fishing:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Chris!

I'll never forget that moment when the wife was getting the sonogram and the tech asked if we wanted to know. We looked at each other (event though we had discussed it for weeks) said yes, and the tech said "boy"

I was on cloud nine (and I am sure I would have been as well if a girl) and I felt the tears well up. Awesome moment!!!! Savor it, because they do grow up quick - Mine is 7 now

Hey Chris,

Congratulations. I just found out the news of my expected 1st last week also so I know exactly how you feel.

We have our first scan after Easter and are debating whether to find out the sex or not.

We are planning on a trip over there around July 4 (our last hurrah). Maybe we could catch up for a brew (or better a run in the Scarab!)

Good luck with the bub and enjoy the experience.

Darren

Thanks for all the warm thoughts. Its going to be a huge lifestyle change for us because we are so used to partying. We go out to a very popular fancy Italian place almost every Friday night and dine with mobsters. Then we are used to being on the boat all weekend.

Things have already slowed down because the wife is tired alot and can't drink. But I know it will all be worth it.

Chris, you can still do the boat thing all weekend. Just takes a little more planning and packing. This season may be a bit tough, but next season you will find that you will develop a routine and it will all be second nature.

The first year we had my son, every night, we would cruise around Wickford harbor while he had his final feeding - great memories. The boat is the best rocking chair/sleep aid ever invented for a baby.

Let me know if you have any questions as I did this only a few seasons ago.