Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Boat Rebuild-Tear Out

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

King,

If your not committed to gray for the switch cap color, we've got them in black and white, silk-screened, washdown, bilge pump, livewell pump, livewell light, horn...you name it. With the red slit for indicator lights. Also have the switches. On/Off, Momentary On/Off, On/Off/On...all Carling.

And if you ask me why I didn't tell you this before...you didn't ask! :1992_beer_cheer:

King,

If your not committed to gray for the switch cap color, we've got them in black and white, silk-screened, washdown, bilge pump, livewell pump, livewell light, horn...you name it. With the red slit for indicator lights. Also have the switches. On/Off, Momentary On/Off, On/Off/On...all Carling.

And if you ask me why I didn't tell you this before...you didn't ask! :1992_beer_cheer:

I have 14 switches that I am re using , so changing would be expensive. Can you trade the caps or is there a place that will screen them for me.

The ones I have are Contura and the caps do come off quite easily.

Lookin great, King...how about marking the lamps above the switches?? Keep the pics coming. This is gonna be one sweet little Trophy. How about some new power?? Or did I miss that?? :1992_beer_cheer:

I repowered from the original force engine last year. A 4 stroke would be nice, but do not want to spend that much. After I retire next year and make the big move, we are looking to move up to a larger boat.

I have 14 switches that I am re using , so changing would be expensive. Can you trade the caps or is there a place that will screen them for me.

The ones I have are Contura and the caps do come off quite easily. It looks like the Carling website sells the same switch, Contura. Can you get just the cap?

King,

If you can re-use the caps you have, that would be great. And yes, you can just order caps. Make sure your switches are in good shape also. Put your meter on the feed and accessory terminals, turn the switch on, and see how quick your meter zeros out (set it on continuity). If it takes it's time, you've got some resistance in there. Also check your breakers, resistance across the terminals.

King,

If you can re-use the caps you have, that would be great. And yes, you can just order caps. Make sure your switches are in good shape also. Put your meter on the feed and accessory terminals, turn the switch on, and see how quick your meter zeros out (set it on continuity). If it takes it's time, you've got some resistance in there. Also check your breakers, resistance across the terminals.

8 are old and I checked them, 6 are new. I will send you an e-mail.

• 1 month later...

I rewired my old Wellcraft V20 two years ago - all new wire, fuse block, and switches. I think I caught copper at it's all time peak price. This year I bought a new (used) boat and am trying to sell my old one in a market at the all time low. But hey, you got to enjoy it.