Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Invicta Watches

I have seen Invicta watches before, held them and tried them on.

I am a watch snob, and Invicta are generally rip offs of known rolex models.

But if you like the design of the watch, and are not a watch snob, go for it. They are usually are made in China, so you do get what you pay for.

I have seen them for sale on the late night shopping channels. They do look like nice watches but for that price I would stay away from any of them with "gold" on them. Its likely a thin plating that will eventually wear off.

I am a little bit of a "watch snop" myself, or maybe a better term is a watch fanatic. But unfortunalty I can't buy all the watches I want. I have two really nice Seikos that I have had for over 10 years and they still look and work great.

But these days I can't find myself putting anything but a Rolex on my wrist. I have two Submariners, one 2 tone with the blue dial and bezel and one all stainless steel.

The way I see it is if you are wearing a watch thats going for that Rolex look then it should be a Rolex.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL....you know he has a few Rolex's and Breitlings too.

A friend of mine has an Invicta......though I didn't know it until yeaterday. He wore it out on his boat and I ran into him at the local sand bar. His is the all "gold" submariner type. I held it in my hand and it seems like a solid watch. But it didn't have much weight to it for its size. My two tone Rolex submariner is a smaller watch in size but weight almost twice as much.