Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

H ow did everyone find Reel Boating ?

Received e-mail from Wiley

Saw a mention of it on Freebird's site (one of those sites fer misfits kinda like me). Googled Captain Sid's name, (knowin' he has his nose under every boatin' tent in the bidness, [Capt Sid is a good ol' boy, BTW]), n' walla: I crashed the party here fer a few days or soooooo. :1143_neener_neener_neener:

I never caused enough trouble on THT ta get Wiley's attention or get banned, and I think I joined THT after he sold the site anyhooooo, so I'm the last person he would ever invite to a private, (or public), party.

Hard tellin' how long he lets me stay, if a certain self promotin' malordorous blow hard frfs or his purdy wife (that I'm tryin' to avoid as best I can), has their way: I'm gone in the next few minutes, (give or take a few). ;)

Good ta be here, (while I'm here), anyhoo. JR :DB)

I was reading THT and saw this thread that made no sense. So I followed the bread crumbs and wound up on the site. I would say I received a personal invite but Wiley does not know me from anyone. Having read about "how the forum was better when Wiley had it" I thought I would see if his reputation was what everyone has said it to be. Still in such an infancy stage it is hard to tell what to expect. I have noticed that "some" people are not on here as yet. Wondering if it is on purpose or they just won't come. I am liking how the bashing has not started yet. It does get tiresome seeing some of the BS. If he keeps the politics off this board it has potential to be something special. I am here to learn. I don't know enough of anything as yet. I am thinking of purchasing a Dusky 23 when I make the big move. I have tons of questions so I will be asking way more here than other places. I was always told there are no dumb questions but I have seen people get flamed on the other site for asking question about basics. Everyone has to start somewhere and this is my starting point.

Saw a mention of it on Freebird's site (one of those sites fer misfits kinda like me). Googled Captain Sid's name, (knowin' he has his nose under every boatin' tent in the bidness, [Capt Sid is a good ol' boy, BTW]), n' walla: I crashed the party here fer a few days or soooooo. :1143_neener_neener_neener:

I never caused enough trouble on THT ta get Wiley's attention or get banned, and I think I joined THT after he sold the site anyhooooo, so I'm the last person he would ever invite to a private, (or public), party.

Hard tellin' how long he lets me stay, if a certain self promotin' malordorous blow hard frfs or his purdy wife (that I'm tryin' to avoid as best I can), has their way: I'm gone in the next few minutes, (give or take a few). ;)

Good ta be here, (while I'm here), anyhoo. JR

:DB)

Glad to have ya.

If you joined THT AFTER the IB ownership then you didn't receive the personal email - unless you had emailed me in the past for some other reason.

Glad to have ya.

If you joined THT AFTER the IB ownership then you didn't receive the personal email - unless you had emailed me in the past for some other reason.

Thanks,

I joined THT in Sept 2007 and I think you were just on the way out, (after the transaction).

Obviously you enjoy a very good rep with yer buds, (many of which I also know).

Glad to be here. JR