Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

RDU....

Best private schools are Cary Academy in Cary and Ravenscroft in North Raleigh. Costs are reasonable, but cheaper than Northern VA. Middle and high school at Ravenscroft are about $17.5k and I believe Cary Academy is in the same ball park. Both are excellent schools. You can go on their websites and look at the graduating class college selections. Everything from West Point to Ivey League to UNC and Duke.

I am a native and live in the old section of Raleigh. Can't help you on housing outside of our area.

Weighing some options right now, and among them would be a move to the RDU area. Would likely rent a house, not buy. Looking for information from any members that live in that area about the good/bad/ugly. Keeping the boat of course. Family with 2 little kids, so high quality schools are a must. We run a home retail business, so living in the 'burbs is going to be best for business.

Right now, Cary/Apex/Morrisville is looking real good. I've visited in that area a few times and loved it.

Move wouldn't be overnight, we need to save up money and sell our house here.

I live in Johnston County just outside of Wake County and I work in Cary. You can probably get property for a lot less in this area than the Apex/Cary/Morrisville corridor. Our schools are very good especially in the West Johnston area. We will have a brand new high school up and running by next year. We have access to interstate highways to Wilmington and Raleigh and easy access to Morehead City. We have a pretty good quality of life here in the burbs. Good Luck. My sister and her husband live in Falls Church I can understand wanting to have a break from all of that.

I live about a mile and a half from RobbieDon.....He's just south of the Johnston County line, and I'm just North of it in Wake County. I think this area is a pretty good choice for the reasons Robbie mentioned, and the schools are pretty good in this part of Wake county, but I think they're a little better in Johnston county.