Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

MAD 4.5 Oak Island--Boat Volunteers Needed

Welcome to MAD 4.5 Oak Island--Boat Volunteers Needed

MAD 4.5 will take place, rain or shine, on October 17, 2009. This day will be dedicated to taking our military hero's out for a day of fishing in the beautiful southern part of the state.

Boat volunteer registration will not open till August 31, but feel free to contact Mark(ReelTrouble) or myself and we will get some preliminary information from you. As I write this, we have six boats that have already committed to this special event.

Please attend the Captains/Volunteer meeting on Friday, October 16th at 6:00PM. The meeting will be held at the Moose Lodge. Following the meet and greet session, our volunteers will be serving BBQ Chicken, baked beans, potato salad, desert and drinks.

You should be prepared to pick up your guests at South Harbor Marina Docks on Saturday, October 17th at the time specified on your volunteer form. Please return to the dock between 3:00PM and 5:00PM. After a day on the water, please plan to go to the Moose Lodge as our volunteers will be serving hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, desert and drinks.

We are working on negotiating discounts at some of the hotels as well as discounted rates for wet slipping your boat.

For additional information, please click the following link:

http://www.militaryappreciationday.org/php...wforum.php?f=13

MAD looks forward to seeing y'all soon!!!!!!

MAD 4.5 @ Oak Island is still 3 months out, but we already have 13 boats that has committed to take troops out for a day of fishing/relaxing and to say THANK YOU for all they do.

Our target is 35/40 boats to take out 100/125 troops.

Please consider signing up and participating in this very worthwhile event. Take part in the event one time and you will be hooked. I know I am, as I have participated in each event that has been done for the last 4 years.

If you have any questions, please shoot me or HotSpot a pm message.

Rich

Go to www.militaryappreciationday.org

On the Home Page, it tells what MAD is all about and goes through the history. You can go to the photo tab and scroll through alot of pictures from past events. You can also go to the forum tab and see several different forums, ie. general chat, mad report, take a hero fishing, patriot news and a fishing forum.

The main thing about this day is giving our troops a day of rest and relaxation out on the water. This is a way of letting them know that they are appreciated. Most are happy to be out there and if they catch something, that is just a bonus.

HotSpot, care to add to this???

I volunteered my boat for MAD4, but my troops didn't show....something came up at their unit and they couldn't leave Bragg. I called MAD Docks to look for standbys, but there weren't any, so the wifey & I went fishing alone....hopefully this time around, I actually get to take some guys fishing!

Oh man, Rich if I had known that, you could of hung out with me and two other boats.

I passed my two assignees on to a friend's (his first time participating) boat, as his assignees was a no show, and they went to R8 buoy. I waited at the MAD docks as well for some late shows. Nobody showed so I took off and met the two boats at the R8 buoy.

I would scream and yell (in a good way) at the troops when they would get hooked up. We then left the buoy, went to NW Places, then to Big 10 and Little 10 and then ran back into R8. We got them on the fish and they had a ball......

I am stoked for MAD 4.5....................