Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Florida HOA's

The local HOA patrol targeted my 2006 Dodge Power Wagon for elimination. Since the HOA president drives an SUV, I feel it is only fair that I abide by the misinterpreted rules (section 8.10 that pertains to COMMERCIAL trucks if you must know)

Sorry Dodge Power Wagon, your a clean late model pickup but you gotta go.

DSC02410.jpg

Now....where can a law abiding fellow get a Dixie horn for this baby?

2224197057_16937b4cce.jpg

:1143_neener_neener_neener:

Tell oxy-guy that your truck is within the rules, and if he/they really want to make an issue of it, then you prepared to do so.

Big Al

Cool heads prevail at this time. The major issue here is they are messing with a guy with issues. Nothing is off the table when it comes to retaliation, I have begun digging foxholes around my perimeter, interlocking fields of fire and all that good stuff. All that is left is the overhead cover, concertina obstacles, booby traps and range cards, I should be done by 0230 hrs.

I can't begin to tell you how much I hate most HOAs. Locally, one HOA was threatening to put a lein against the home of a Vietnam vet who has a very tall professionally made and installed flagpole in his front yard, from which he proudly flies Old Glory every day. Last I heard, it's still in litigation.

When we were shopping for our home, the first question I asked every agent was "Is there an HOA?" If the answer was yes, I thanked them for their time and left.

Park your non-commercial truck in the prez's living room (preferably on top of his oxygen tube) and move up this way.

Nice lake right up the street. :239_fishing:

And no HOA bullsheet. :753_hammer_hitting_head:

~~~~~~~

Personally, I prefer an open bed because it is just much more flexible (and it requires you to keep it cleaned out!) Because of my wife's fear of people stealing her stuff, my last two trucks have had "caps" (I prefer to call them camper shells, but that won't help you here :wacko: ). I realized very quickly when shopping for caps that the high-top versions are much easier to get stuff in and out of. They also won't fit in your garage if that is an issue. Tonneau covers are nice, but they always seemed like they would be in my way and they are just heavy enough that you really need 2 strong people to remove them.

As was said before, you are dealing with someone who has some sort of issue. It may not be because of you, but it is directed at you now. Most likely, his SUV is titled as a truck, which would make him and everyone in the neighborhood with a similar vehicle in violation. It is at least worth a little legwork to find out if it is a "truck".

I'm now running for HOA president. Good chance the "informed voters" will vote for me. The wife and I have "old timer" names, kinda like "Wilbur and Bertha."

That way I can have speed bumps installed in front of my house like the current HOA president. No kiding....the only three speed bumps in the entire community of about 15 miles of roads. Just recently installed smack in front of his house and one on either side. I will have to get larger ones though...ones where you need a 2006 Dodge Power Wagon locked into 4x4 low to get over them.

:angry:

Wouldn't it be a darn shame if somebody driving an old cheap POS was to hit his speed bumps, go out of control, and hit his Escalade while it's parked in his driveway? Then turn around and sue his arse (AND the association) for creating a dangerous road hazard. :504_shrugging:

Let me know when the election is. I'll move in for a week, just so I can vote. I can see the slogans now:

"Think the present HOA President is an @$$hole? Vote for change from Ridiculous to Ludicrous!"

Uhmmmm.... on second thought, that might not work......

:wacko:

What I need is a powerpoint or multimedia presentation to distribute around the community.

"Speed bumps...this is your ambulance being slowed down by speed bumps."

"This is you being bounced around inside the ambulance while hitting speed bumps."

"This is the ambulance losing the left front lower control arm on speedbumps while transporting you to the Emergency Room."

"This is the current HOA President who installed the speedbumps."

VOTE "Ludicrous" on November 3rd.

:)