Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

My buddy can't wait to go fishing again

Nice guy doing that to your friend.

Years ago on a geasy calm but a little foggy day, I took my niece and her fiance out on their 1st offshore trip... 60nm from land. Drifting and chunking for quite a while gave no signs of life nearby, but within 60 seconds of her pal's coughing cookies we hooked a 50 lb bluefin. He warfed twice more about 1/2 hr apart and again within 60 seconds of those two add'l events we hooked up the only 2 other similar BFT . He was a great sport about being out there, loved fighting the fish, and swore he hadn't had butterfish for breakfast when asked. I told him he was invited back any day he felt a little queasy. My niece was practically rolling on the deck laughing when the relationship between her, ah, "chum"'s output and the hookups became obvious way beyond coincidence. He got the MVP award of the day.