Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Fisherman missing off of Morehead City

For those that don't look at THT much anymore, I copied this post from the Carolinas forum there:

The Coast Guard is still searching for a fisherman who departed Anchorage Marina yesterday morning enroute Big Rock. His boat was found this morning off the beach at Camp Lejune ..... the motors were will running on his 28' boat. He was fishing alone and fishes regular out of Anchorage. The weather last night was a bit snooty. I didn't get his name but he is 67 years old and from Statesville. His girlfriend called the Coast Guard when he didn't return last night. Not looking good. :(

Fishing poles were in the rod holders but the lines were cut.

And a subsequent post with additional info:

A missing man's boat has been found, but there is no sign of him.

The U.S. Coast Guard has been searching for the overdue boater off the coast of Atlantic Beach.

http://cas.clickability.com/cac?a=276302&a...1957&c=6500

67-year-old Michael Dodick was supposed to return at 4:00 p.m. Thursday after a day of dolphin fishing some 40 miles off the coast.

His girlfriend told authorities the Statesville man left around 5:30 a.m. in a 28-foot Grady White boat from Anchorage Marina.

The Coast Guard tells WITN News that the boat washed up on the beach at Camp Lejeune this morning, with it's engines running.

There is no sign of Dodick and rescue crews are now searching for him in nearby waters.

The boat, "Slow and Easy" was found with all it's fishing lines broken.

Coast Guard crews had been searching for the boat throughout the night aboard the Coast Guard Cutter Block Island, 47-foot rescue boats from Station Fort Macon, and an HC-130J Hercules airplane and MH-60J Jayhawk helicopter from Air Station Elizabeth City.

A Pedro helicopter rescue crew from Cherry Point and military police at Camp Lejeune are also searching.

"Since finding the boat the case has shifted to searching for a person in the water," said Lt. j.g. Scott Hembrook. "The Coast Guard is deploying all available assets and coordinating with the Marines for the search.

For those that don't look at THT much anymore, I copied this post from the Carolinas forum there:

And a subsequent post with additional info:

I have fished with him before. His business card is in my wallet. A friend of mine at Fisherman's Inn hooked me up with him so he wouldn't have to fish by himeself. I thought his boat was a little smaller unless he has gotten a new one. It was an older 25' Grady cuddy with twins. I sure hope he is alright but it doesn't sound good. Prayers for his family.