Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Southport This Weekend

I just bought my daughter her SaltWater license and grinned from ear to ear. Never pushed her to go but she calls and said, Dad I want to go with you. No hesitation at all to say well lets go.

Heading out this evening and will be out and about tomorrow/Sunday morning.

Hope to get her on a few fish but being out there together, will be reward enough..............

Have a great trip. I had my daughter out for her first offshore trip 2weeks ago out of southport. She had a blast she wanted to go last year but broke her leg the last day of school and was in a cast to her hip all summer including our beach trip. Anyway we smashed the dolphin on the first trip out and she did not want to go to the beach all week she wanted to go fishing with dad instead. Shes 12 so did not get a license but she has been bit by the bug. Have a great trip and give us a report.

Thanks Kilowatt. Congrats on gettin her on some fish that put on a great show and lights up when dancing on the water.

She is 18, just graduated high school and will be off to college next month. This is gonna be a great weekend.

Going to start easy tomorrow and stay close, then hopefully venture further out as it lays down............

I got screwed by my crew.

Got my kids up at 0600, fed and dressed. Call him, as I was suppossed to pick his mooching ass up on the way. Nope, didn't get any sleep.....personal drama, wah wah my ###### hurts.

Last trip out he had a virtual melt down on the boat. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, as he's going through a divorce, and we chatted about it. Said he was squared away, although he's still a dirty mooch. This last week, the wife moved out for good, even though she hadn't been staying there. So, he's all wound around the axle and hasn't slept.

The proverbial straw that broke the camel's back was this morning....I only give second chances, not thirds or fourths.

I did get my kids out on a local pond for some bluegill from a rented jonboat.