Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Sea Hunt 24 Gamefish

My buddy has a different model Sea Hunt but I think they are good values for the money in the market place (if that means much).. What kind of cost are you talking on the boat?

Good luck with your search.

I have had my 240 over a year now. I have 230 flawless hours on the F250. The only problem with the boat i have had was one of the circuit breakers went bad about a month ago i just purchased one and replaced it. As far as fuel burn i run out of Southport most of the time i can make the trip to the tower and trolling and burn between 38 and 42 gallons depending on the sea conditions according to the Yamaha gauges i run around 130 miles on this trip so i have been averaging 3mpg. The boat will fish any sea conditions i want to be in and some i dont. I like the room for electronics to be flush mounted i have 2 10" screens mounted on mine with some room to spare. The only negative i can think of are 1-offer a leaningpost with storage in it for tackle and 2-move the switch panel from knee height to the bottom of the electronics area. I think all of the newer ones have moved the switch panel i have seen several up there anyway. The boat responds well to the trim tabs to give a smooth ride in a tight chop and the carolina flare keeps it dry unless you have a cross wind to put it in the boat with you. I went from the Sea Pro sv2300 to this boat also because the offshore bug bit me too. The only real problem i have had with the whole package was the trailer and when the wesco found out the problem it was corrected quickly and to my satisfaction. If you have any other questions let me know.

The layot looks pretty much like my 232. It is 8" longer and about 300 lbs heavier. The recessed trim tabs are a great idea. It can be hard to get into my boat from the swim ladder because of the tabs. The fuel numbers are about the same as mine with a 225. I wold think that depending on where they put the weight it should ride very well. My 232 rides pretty well in most conditions. I also like the larger console. I have a 12" MFD on mine and it is about all that could fit on it. Some things I don't like about it are the wiring. I think it could have been done a lot better and mine has a lot of gelcoat cracks. I don't particularly care for the t-top that my dealer installed. I think the factory one is nicer. Make sure they don't put the anchor light in the middle of the T-top I couldn't reach mine and I eventually had it moved. The fish boxes in the front also need a little more insulation. The anchor box is kind of small I carry 300' of rope and it is pretty full I had to modify my anchor to fit in the box. Overall I think it is a well made boat and a lot of these things might have been addressed in the 240. If you want a ride in mine sometimes let me know.

I have a 21 and love everthing about it except for the fish box. That is my only complaint. I looked at upgrading and I think all of them have the same set up under the front seat. I had rather have a larger fish box in the floor and more insulation. As far as the ride goes i don't believe i could ask for more considering the size. I run to the gulf stream(60 miles for me) fish all day and the most i've bunrt is 57 gallons. 210 ultra yamaha 4 stroke 150

I am on my third season with my '07 SH Triton 240. Sea Hunt now calls it a Gamefish 24 but they are the same boat...just a name change in '08. I am extremely happy with the boat in all areas. I looked extensively before my purchase and could not find anything that could come close to this boat in terms of value. Overall quality, fit and finish, styling and handling/ride are comparable to boats costing many thousands more.

If I had to mention negatives they would be only a couple. The anchor locker is too small and I had to modify the anchor to make it fit. My rawwater washdown system is worthless. Never worked from day one. However, this problem was addressed in mid '08 and current models have a much improved and functional system.

If you have any specific questions I'd be glad to help out. The link below will take you to the Yamaha Performance Bulletin for the Gamefish 24. My boat is rigged exactly like their test boat and the numbers they show are true to actual performance.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/product...24-f250btxr.pdf