Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

recycling old boats

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be but I think that is too far in, isn't there a standard for position of the HIN?

All of my other boats it is in the same spot on the top right corner.

I will get into it this weekend and see what I can find.

Rick

older boats like mine either had a riveted plate with numbers inside boat on transom or stringer or someplace that is not readily seen.

Ok if anyone is going to atempt doing a transom rebuild? Please go to the attached address. Join it and go to photos area first boat is my recycled boat the blue one all my pictures show what I did . Its easy and I was a novice at doing it.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FloridaPan-h...Fishingboating/

I can answer questions and suggest other styles of materials to use in repair or rebuild.

This is a curious thread, to me.

As a hobby to support my fishing/boating habit, I've been buying old junkers and either fixing them for resale or parting them out. Couldn't make a living out of it, but it pays for my stuff.

It seems to me that a lot of people do this in the mid-atlantic area. I usually have to strike fast when I find a good deal or it gets snatched up!

-TH

This is a curious thread, to me.

As a hobby to support my fishing/boating habit, I've been buying old junkers and either fixing them for resale or parting them out. Couldn't make a living out of it, but it pays for my stuff.

It seems to me that a lot of people do this in the mid-atlantic area. I usually have to strike fast when I find a good deal or it gets snatched up!

-TH

Not really its mainly from your region to the new england states(maine,conn,RI,Ma,VT,NH) as well . Dow here in Florida its a different story .Alot of the people will have an old boat sitting for years in the back yard. The minute you show interest they want top dollar for it .I have seen many boats go to landfill because the price was so steep.They would rather pay the $30 a ton to landfill than sell it to you cheap.These are all sizes boat 10ft to over 50ft.