Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Petersburg AK 6-22-09 to 6-26-09

We had a good week of fishing with Capt. Pete Troy of www.petersburgfishingadventures.com

We fished Halibut for two days, with limits each day. The fishing was a bit tough due to winds and tides, but Capt. Pete worked through these difficulties. We fished Blind Slough for Kings for two days. The Kings are on and they were chewing. we released a lot of brown fish and kept the bright ones for the freezer. We did troll for kings one day and limited out. The most interesting part of the day was pulling some of Capt. Pete's shrimp pots. Very cool.

This is my second trip to Alaska for fishing and it was one of the best trips I have done, anywhere, ever. Capt Pete is a great host, fishermen and cook. The food was so good, I told him that I want to come back and pay room and board without fishing. We all put on a few extra pounds this week. If you are looking for a great experience Pete is your man.

nd94k1.jpg

21blvuh.jpg

w82ves.jpg

335779i.jpg

Friends of mine fished with the same guide the week before you. They got halibut of 92 and 141 pounds. They only caught a couple of salmon though. Salmon fishing has been very spotty so far this year almost everywhere in AK.

I'm towing my boat from the SF Bay Area to northern-most Washington, Seiku, next week. We'll be fishing the Strait of San Juan de Fuca for salmon and halibut.

Thanks for your post.

Friends of mine fished with the same guide the week before you. They got halibut of 92 and 141 pounds. They only caught a couple of salmon though. Salmon fishing has been very spotty so far this year almost everywhere in AK.

I'm towing my boat from the SF Bay Area to northern-most Washington, Seiku, next week. We'll be fishing the Strait of San Juan de Fuca for salmon and halibut.

Thanks for your post.

Pete said that your friend's group did well on the halibut. Our current was ripping, so we did OK, but not as well as your friends. The Kings are just coming into the stream now. This week should be good again for the salmon.

• 1 month later...

I was called to work on some stuff in P'burgs during the Nordsky's festival. There wasn't a room to be had.

The customer got me into the wheel house of a Fishing vessel in the boat harbor there in that photo behind the fish and fishermen.

What a nice but noisy place to sleep. All to myself with only a half million Seagulls squawking all night long.

Did you notice all the near-surface Rocks, big ones, as you left and returned. Many's a boat man has failed to make that turn wide enough and camped on those rocks till a Towboat with a Pump could show up.