Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Garmin problem

I have a 3210 network bundle in may dad's boat. Which consists of a 3210, GMR 18 radar, GSD 22 sounder, and a GDL 30a all connected to the GMS 10 network port expander. Everything has worked great for a long time but this weekend the GMS 10 would not turn off when I turned off the 3210. This is a pain because it also does not shut off all of the other attached accessories. I'm thinking that the GMS 10 is dead. Has anyone ever run into this problem before?

• 8 months later...

I fixed this awhile back. It turned out to be a bad GMS 10. The unit was out of warranty but Garmin sold me a refurb unit that came DOA. In the end I needed a new unit asap so I ended up buying a new one from West Marine. Its working just fine now.

I had a bad network box too. Would not power up anything, garmin replaced it under warranty

Keep in mind all, the GSD 10 is nothing but an ethernet switch. Further down the road, you can use a 5-port just like you buy at Office Depot.

But I would mount it in a dry box... :605_thumbs_up:

I had a bad network box too. Would not power up anything, garmin replaced it under warranty

Keep in mind all, the GSD 10 is nothing but an ethernet switch. Further down the road, you can use a 5-port just like you buy at Office Depot.

But I would mount it in a dry box... :605_thumbs_up:

I thought about doing that. What I didn't like was having to worry about keeping it dry and having to use an on/off switch. The GMS 10 is an expensive switch but it is designed for the marine environment.