Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

The First "Which CC is for me Thread"

Hey Sprockets: Who bought the boat? I thought it was a smokin deal and pitched it to a couple people. Was it anyone we know?

Hey Kerno. Good to see you over here.

It was purchased by a physician from NJ. His son is on his way down to pick it up. So far, I have a deposit via Paypal and he is bringing a certified check for the balance. We've had a few phone conversations and I am comfortable taking the check after confirming it when he gets here and making a copy of his son's drivers license. He is trusting me that there are no liens or hidden damage. The whole payment issue is pretty stressful. I am cheap and decided not to pay the 2.9% Paypal fee for the balance although he offered. This made me comfortable as a scammer would not have offered this.

I mentioned THT to him and he was not familiar with it. He said he had a Seahunter and that this would be for the kids. One of his buddies is repowering so he got a great deal on an engine.

From a numbers standpoint, he got a great deal and I got what it was worth when combining the insurance proceeds $12k and sale proceeds $6,100. If I had the time, I could have re-rigged and made an extra grand, but the time's just not there right now.

I had my eye on a 2006 Scout 205 that had been on THT at $25k but it sold. There is a lot out there, although it's not the same buyers market it was 3-4 months ago. I've thought about going bigger but my feeling is it would have to be to a 24' in order to make a big difference offshore.

There is also a 1999 GW 222 with 2002 OX66 (400 hours) in the low 20's, but I'm not sure I wnat to get into something 10 years old.

I'm going to look at a 2005 Sailfish 218 on Saturday that has 400 hours on an F150, $26k. There is a new 2008 Pioneer 197 on EBay at Marine Connection with a $26,995 OBO price.

I've also been in contact with someone who has a 2007 Sea Hunt Triton 220, F150, around 50 hours for $24K.

All of these will work, although I'm looking to move up to a 22'.

Wow...it sure has been an interesting turn of events since your theft some months ago! It was a nail biter for awhile. Many of us were shocked to hear your rig was stolen from your driveway in front of your house. That made me upgrade the lock on my trailer. Then we all got to hear of your progress with insurance and so forth. All in all it looks as tho you may come out ok after all. That's good!

I ended up buying the KW after riding on a friends 225. Like the Sea Hunt, reasonably priced and built well. After six years mine still has had no problems; wiring, hardware, hatches, lights, gelcoat, everything has held up really well. That '06 sounded like a sweet deal! Good luck and keep us all updated!