Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

NEW BOAT!

Thanks for all the kind posts..seems as if the port motor is in need of a waterpump, so time to get with Andy and order up a pair of them. Just did lower unit oil, new Yamaha 10 micron fuel/water seperators, new Yamaha oil filters, Castrol Syntec sythetic oil, new plugs....so guess the impellers were bound to be next!!

Doesn't seem like these motors like to run on muffs, either. I need to get the two eared kind with water flowing to each side. I may have scorched the impellers myself by using my old muffs.... :unsure:

I use the old style muff with no problems on mine. The water pumps were not hard... Andy has a great pictorial resource on another site that will help big time. If you have no idea what I am talking about PM me and I will send you a link.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweeet! Have fun youse kids! :1992_beer_cheer:

I use the old style muff with no problems on mine. The water pumps were not hard... Andy has a great pictorial resource on another site that will help big time. If you have no idea what I am talking about PM me and I will send you a link.

Thanks, cracker. I found posts by both Andy and Hotspot that were really handy. Easy to follow as well. I have done a few over the years, but that compression fitting above the housing is kinda new to me. They both covered it really well... :605_thumbs_up:

Keep an eye out for cracks in the T-top frame

Transom cracks

Buddy has a 26' KW that was replaced by KW because of transom issues....and his T-top has cracked several times....no help from KW.

I think the smaller boats have had good luck. I like the look of the KWs, but just be on the lookout for that stuff.

Keep an eye out for cracks in the T-top frame

Transom cracks

Buddy has a 26' KW that was replaced by KW because of transom issues....and his T-top has cracked several times....no help from KW.

I think the smaller boats have had good luck. I like the look of the KWs, but just be on the lookout for that stuff.

and to be honest, the T-top that was breaking had the fiberglass top....here is a picture of what he had to do. He spent about $3k+ trying to get that thing right...the last weld job is jam up and should hold.

post-495-1246539583_thumb.jpg

and to be honest, the T-top that was breaking had the fiberglass top....here is a picture of what he had to do. He spent about $3k+ trying to get that thing right...the last weld job is jam up and should hold.

That picture shows these boats to be a real fishing machine...looks like everyone is having a good time! My transom and top is solid, and no signs of repair....

That picture shows these boats to be a real fishing machine...looks like everyone is having a good time! My transom and top is solid, and no signs of repair....

It is a good layout...I would change a few things, but that is with every boat. He had to add those rear stanchions to the top to keep welds/pipe from cracking. The new hull hasn't had a transom issue, but he was also told they added more glass to that area (not sure if they really did or didn't)

I was just mentioning that for you so you can keep an eye out should anything happen.

Our 26' BW Outrage cracked a transom that Whaler fixed and it cracked again...sent it to a local guy and no more problems....all mfg. will have a bad boat or two.

Good luck with yours.

edit....that picture was taken about 85-90 miles out of Charleston....overnighting.

It is a good boat...I think he has all the bugs worked out for the most part.