Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Need a Little help

My Fall Fishing Crew ahas decide to change things up a little and make a trip to the Bay.

What week would you pick in November for stripers? I know the weather all depends.......but we have to book in advance.

Last time we went up there, we rented a condo right at Kiptoeke State Park. Nice place, nice ramp, can fish the concrete ships if it is rough, etc.

Thanks for any help!!!

Steve,

As late in Nov as you can for sure. There can be some big ones found earlier like we did last year but you can't always count on that.

Kiptopeke is nice but I would stay on this side simply because of all the other stuff down here. You know you can count on me for any help and I'll certainly try to make arrangements to join y'all on the water.

T

What they said.

Eeling eeling eeling.

Tie a large snap-swivel to the end of your line.

Tie 5' leaders of 60lb+ mono/flouro with a hook size 5/0-8/0 range. Instead of a loop, tie on another large snap swivel.

When you get your spot set up, snap an inline sinker onto your line, size depending on depth and current speed. Snap your leader on the other end of the inline sinker.

Take a large tupperware bowl w/ lid. Drill a couple holes in it for circulation. Soak a rag in salt water. Drop your eels on top of the rag. Place the bowl on ice. Use rags or old socks to handle the eels, which should be reasonably docile after being kept on ice awhile.

Hook eel in the bottom jaw, out the mouth. Drift over channels, deep ledges, or anchor and fish eels back towards CBBT or the concrete ships.

Good luck.

Do y'all think we should stay on the VB side of the CBBT or the Kiptopeke side ?

I don't know much about Kipotpeke. I stayed in VaBeach not too long ago, right near Crab Creek. Its a sketchy little channel, but real close to the bridge with alot of resturants, rentals, and bait shops right there.