Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Bad trailer wiring Wireless Tow Lights

Has anyone else used wireless tow lights? I purchased a set at Pepboy's last month for 149.00 and they seem to work pretty darn good. I also tried them on my utility trailer this week. All you have to do is plug the transmitter into your towing vehicles trailer wiring plug and then mount the lights on your trailer. Total hook up time was less then 2 minutes. I will let you know in a couple of months how they are working out.

Let me know if anyone else has a set of these..

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about the wireless tail lights but I have a wireless back up camera. Every time I drive past a particular Walgreens I get a view of the parking lot. It also picked up a TV signal when I was driving past the TV station, news was on at the time.

I wonder if they have a particular frequency or some kind of filter to keep stray signals from affecting your lights.

Hello Oreely,

Good question on the interferance question. I just read a section in the instructions that says that each set of tow lights operate on a separate unique code that only works with its transmitter. So it sounds like there will be no interferance from out side.. I will keep you posted.

My friend installed one on his motorhome and towed vehicle ., eliminated tons of 24 volt to 12 volt wiring lighting nightmare problems. They are magnetic and stic to the jeep real good.

Just don't foret to put them in a safe place when done or some ding dong might steal them

I use them on my tow truck. Mine are more of a commercial brand and they work great, easy to hook up and you don't have to worry about the wires and plug coming apart....The one I have is made by a company called TowMate and I just want to give the company a good word for their great customer service. The first set I bought came off the vehicle while I was towing a car thru I 10 in New Orleans, LA. (they have the worst F%&KING roads I have ever driven on), called the company and told them what happen and 2 days later I had a new set at my door. Great customer service and no questions asked.