Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

A Different Captain's Club Philosophy

With ReelBoating there will soon be an optional Captain's Club.

The new owners of my last forum (seeming to detach from the foundation of the original forum yet again) have eliminated the Captain's Club name (for new memberships anyway) in lieu of The Admiral's Club. Therefore, I will be using the Captain's Club name once again.

I hope I'm never referred to as an "Admiral" either online, or on a boat, and I certainly would not fit into a club with that name. My apologies to those who are actually Admirals.

Anyway......

This time around the Captain's Club will be more than a "keep the forum online" membership option. There will not be any "buy a wheel pressure".

Without giving too much away right now the RB CC will have Levels of membership for which you will benefit.

There will be a symbolic forum reference that one is a CC member however there will not be additional icons added to your user name - no 4 wheels, 2 anchors etc.

CC Members should benefit!

Certain Levels of the RB CC membership will include exclusive price reductions on marine items, access to product samples, discount tickets, vouchers, coupons etc.

In other words, your $xx.xx yearly membership will most likely have a $xxx.xx or even a $xxxx.xx return value.

Yes, there will also be the great logo items and forum access benefits - but, the real benefit will be in how I'll be working with my marine product vendor friends to bring CC members special offers they will not find as a group anywhere else on-line.

Thanks for listening.

:605_thumbs_up:

In other words, your $xx.xx yearly membership will most likely have a $xxx.xx or even a $xxxx.xx return value.

Thanks for listening.

:605_thumbs_up:

Considering feedback from your other project, I'd say this statement is 100% true. I have no doubts that this go round will be 200% better! :1992_beer_cheer:

Thanks guys.

The biggest holdup on the CC membership's and such has been the Forum software. There is a new FULL release almost ready to go.

Unfortunately, this new software release will wipe out any additional custom modifications which I pre-installed on the Forum.

Meaning - any cool member forum options I spend weeks working on will be zapped as soon as I install the new forum software.

Also, I want to make sure the financial benefit on the CC FAR outweighs any membership fee.

I'm working with vendors as we speak on special offers and coupons etc.

You're going to like what ReelBoating has to offer!