Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Remote control trolling motors

I'm thinking about putting a salt water trolling motor on the front of my Carolina Skiff 218 DLV. I was warned about there being a delay between the time the remote button is selected and the motor responding which could cause a run in with an unexpected object. I have also heard that the remote control is the way to go. Curious to hear experience from those with remote control units. Thank you.

I'm thinking about putting a salt water trolling motor on the front of my Carolina Skiff 218 DLV. I was warned about there being a delay between the time the remote button is selected and the motor responding which could cause a run in with an unexpected object. I have also heard that the remote control is the way to go. Curious to hear experience from those with remote control units. Thank you.

My autopilot Min Kota works rather quickly with the remote responce. Its the way to go.

There is no remote delay...I've had mine for years and it's instant response...w/out it, I'd have to learn all over again how to fish...the Auto-Pilot is a real plus also...like havin' another hand in the boat...it's SPOILED me...wouldn't wanna be w/out it...mines a Minn Kota...don't know anything about any others:605_thumbs_up: