Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Saturday Sea Trial

Hi all!!

Finally it is time to get a boat. I figured out what I want, and on Saturday we are going for a Sea Trial. I'm looking at a 23' Hydra Sport vx, which is a leftover from 2006. It has not been in the water - still brand new.

Is there anything specific I should look for when going out on Saturday?

I would appreciate y'alls input!!

:-) Ernst

Hi all!!

Finally it is time to get a boat. I figured out what I want, and on Saturday we are going for a Sea Trial. I'm looking at a 23' Hydra Sport vx, which is a leftover from 2006. It has not been in the water - still brand new.

Been on a 25ft VX with twin 150's a few times and love the boat. Did not think they made a 23ft VX? Love the ride and amenities on the VX.

Make sure you like how it handles at cruise and also how it sits while your stopped (pitching ect...) make sure you take it in the rough stuff.

Hi all!!

Check the factory wiring panel..to see if its clean and the install looks proper, check the gel coat for cracks,,check the transom for holes and cracks,, check the deck for cracks,, check the stainless screws for rust seeping (low quality Stainless weeps), pull the engine cover and inspect the engines,,remember this is a 2006 likely built in late 2005 so its been sitting somewhere for almost 3/4 years,, open every hatch and cover, make sure while underway the steering cables are adjusted properly. And by the way open that baby up and see what it will do while it belongs to them..!!!!