Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Confronted at Work

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say it but you may have an enemy at work or a "friend" whose pulling a fast one.

One of the guys there is sticking it to the wife and using YOUR name.

Glad to hear it's cleared up. That guy need to get to the real root of the problem which is HIS wife. I can tell you I wouldn't be working with or even living with mine if she pulled that crap. Heave Ho...literally!

good update......evidently the wife heard my voice on the answering machine, and confirmed to him that I was in fact not the guy. Her husband then called me up and appoligized to me, which will hopefully be the end of the entire thing.

Good for you, not so good for the next guy! It sure seems like one of your coworkers is doin' you dirty and probably her dirtier.

At least your off the hook. :605_thumbs_up:

for me the biggest factor was when he had done quite a bit of research and figured out who and where my fiancé was, and shared with me that he knew this information. Even though things are now cleared up, I am having my lawyer draft a letter to him requesting a written apology addressed to myself and my employer clearing me from the situation. The letter is also going to state that if this does not occur, a civil charge will follow shortly there after. My biggest fear, even though my fiancé is aware of the situation is that he may have or may in the future contact someone from the small town where she resides and trash my name, with it being a little over a month from today until our wedding, the last thing I can afford to happen is to have my name smeared in her community.

The idea of it being someone at work using my name is something that I definitely consider an option, but at the same time, I really thing is a relative long shot, I work in small shop and everyone there is relatively close, and nobody is even so much as acting funny, and they are all more than aware of what is going on.