Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Confronted at Work

got do doing a bit more research on the whole thing, and found out that the guy is a bit more local than I though, and that his wife, as well as he have actually done some business with my office in the past under their business's name. Their most recent transaction was with another rep out of my location, having some guys trained on lift equipment...... I looked into doing the restraining order thing, but that involves a court hearing, with both parties there, and has a pretty significant burden of proof. Hopefully the whole thing will blow over and I won't hear anything else out of him, in the meantime I am being more vigilant than normal, and have taken a few precautions.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I would have given him my cell phone number....if he calls and pesters you, that could be dealt with later. He probably wanted it to compare to his wife's call log, which would have exonerated you. The home address is another matter....I wouldn't have given him that either.

I hope this works out for you. This kind of thing has the potential to get ugly. I'd probably go ahead and speak to the police and/or tell your wife about it....if he gets to her first, it could make things rough for you even though you've done nothing.

He already had one of my cell numbers, my work one that is on all of my business cards. My fiance was one of the first people I called and told about all of this, and luckily gave me no flack over it at all.

what do you all think of sending him a certified letter stating that if any further contact occurs on the matter I will consider it harassment and will press charges? It would be very inexpensive to do, and would at least serve as a bit of documentation.

I think that would be a great idea. Also I would file a complaint with you local attorities. You dont have to take out the restraining order, but it will be good on your part if something happens and you have a report of the guy confronting you.

That sucks. Makes you wonder how he got all of the bad info, and how he tracked you down.

Maybe the wifey gave the enraged husband the info so the real boyfriend wouldn't take the beatin'. Or, maybe autobaun has an enemy that he doesn't know about.

autobaun,

Would there be any reason for the husband to suspect you since, apparently, he didn't know you before? Why would he think it was you? He obviously got your name from someone.

Although I'm sure most of time these things blow over, keep your eyes open. You never know what someone will do.

the plot thickens a bit. A sales rep from another location did some lift training for some of these people's crew recently. This morning, he went by their office (at their house) to deliver their certification cards, not knowing anything about the situation. The guy came outside fighting mad thinking that it was me pulling up at his house, and realizing it wasn't me wanted to know what they were doing there. He then proceeded to tell them his side of the story, and that his wife had confirmed that it was me that she was having an affair with.

After this, I called their business line from my place of work, and left a message that I needed them to call me back. When he did, he accused me outright of lying to him, emphasizing that his wife had named me specifically as the guy. I informed him that I have been in contact with my attorney, as well as the local sheriffs department, and have civil suit of libel planned if any further contact is made to myself, my family, coworkers, fiancé, or future in-laws. I am documenting all of this, along with times and places, and will have my lawyer send him a certified letter early next week when he returns to the office.