Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

How do you like your walkaround?

One of my favorite walkaround boats, was the old Stamas 26 Tarpon (from the mid-1980s). It was, for lack of a better word, the next best thing to owning your own, personal headboat. It had about the deepest walkaround and the highest bulwarks I've ever seen in an outboard powered boat.

IIRC, it was 26'2" LOA, had a 9'6" beam, and carried 206 gallons of fuel.

Here's about the only one that I could find: http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/boa...d=1406&url=

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

probably larger than the poster is looking for, but I have had excellent service and many great trips on my 9 yr old Trophy 2802 WA.........

couple trips to Bimini, Key Largo...it has a 9;9" beam a huge cockpit and the walkaround is 10" deep, (plus 24" welded SS rail) and 8" wide..you can actually "walk" around, up front the recessed area is large enough to fish from... :1992_beer_cheer:

And when that guy with the C.I.B. is ready, damn right I'll give him every discount I can.

Thanks I do appreciate that but I am a bit flush with (4) boats right now. My 28 Carver will spend its 2nd season in dry dock. I have used the Wellcraft only once so far. I would love a new Pro-line which may be affordable but I know I wouldn't wouldn't be able to afford the divorce. I have the B disease - I get attached to the damn things - I am not sure I have ever seen either a cold Beer, a tall slender Brunette under 40, or a fiberglass outboard Boat that I didn't want to have.