Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Polar Skiff

My dad had a 17ft Polar Skiiff that has been sitting at the farm for quite a while. I decided give her some love and care and get her running this season. I don't have any before pictures but when i got her there was corn sprouting up by the transom, an ant hill in the live well and a bumble bee in the bilge line that got shot out after getting the pump to work. I've cleaned her up and she looks rather good. The old engine was running before it sat, but was not in "turn Key" condition and i knew little about how many hours and what level of care it was under. So i replaced it with a use yamaha 50hp four stroke high thrust with 50 hrs on it. I should have the Tolling motor and garmin installed by this week.

post-458-1242699328_thumb.jpg

post-458-1242699355_thumb.jpg

post-458-1242699390_thumb.jpg

post-458-1242699406_thumb.jpg

post-458-1242699425_thumb.jpg

Hey, another Polar owner..........there do not appear to be a lot of us out there. I have a 2003 Flats 1788 w/70 hp Yamaha. It definitely is not fancy but it was in excellent shape when I found it, had low hours, the price was right and it meets my needs right now. I like the hatches at the back on either side of the transom, were those factory? Mine does not have those. I have done a few modifications on mine and find it to be a serviceable if not fast and flashy boat. I have 2 kids and really like how much room there is stable it is. Put some more photos on.