Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Any body here ever do a "HDR" in PhotoShop?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Convert photos into HDR - Text version using PhotoShop CS2 / CS3 (and I guess CS4)

Click >File> Automate> Merge to HDR

Click > Browse (select the 3 or more shots you want to use from your file)

Click> Ok

PhotoShop will then merge them together and create an HDR image for you to 'play' with.

Note it will be 32 bit - if you want to save as jpeg then convert to 8 bit.

Its not as hard as it sounds.................. :1992_beer_cheer:

i just usually use "levels" to adjust and sometimes "contrast and hue"....i should learn more . i use my photos professionally all the time ....its a lot easier than the slide BS i used to have to do....lot cheaper too.

that is some nice work...digitally speakin.

Here is one I did a while back,,,Watcha think?

Sorry there, Captn Rick, it's a nice pic but I'm seeing anything about that photo that lends itself to HDR. The value of HDR is best realized until you get into very wide exposure latitude, e.g. shadow areas that would otherwise print as black with no details and highlights that would otherwise print as white areas with no details. You do not have either of those situations in your controlled/studio product photo.

Ricoh has just introduced their first HDR point and shoot camera. It takes two exposures with one push of the button, and software in the camera builds an image from the best details taken from both digital images. I think this will be the next big thing for cameras. I expect to see cameras shooting 3 or 5 images at a time and selecting regions from each image to combine into an HDR image. Pentax has a couple dSLRs that do it, and I think Fuji has a point n shoot that will do HDR, too.

There is a short tutorial on how to do HDR with Photoshop. Unfortunately, the tools necessary to do it are not included with Photoshop Elements.

See the tutorial on the left side of this page, Blended Exposures: http://www.thelightsrightstudio.com/tutorials-video.htm

learn something new every day. thanks...im finding this whole thing very interesting. i usually just use the burn and dodge tool to lighten dark areas or darken light ones....this is pretty tech. im thinkin the wider the gap in exposure the better it would work. my wife has a masters degree in photography and taught it at the college level. hasnt been in the dark room in a decade and just kinda bagged it on the tech side of digital......its a shame..........still has a great eye however.

im still fighting my way from the darkroom to photoshop.