Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Gelcoat Repair

Hi, I'm new here and not sure where to post this question. I have a few nicks in the gelcoat, and would like to do the repair myself. My question is how difficult is it to color match? I have heard of a company that will color match, but I can't locate them (does anyone know of a company) is it worth doing it that way or should I try to color match myself? :471_confused_face:

Thanks for any help.

Hi, I'm new here and not sure where to post this question. I have a few nicks in the gelcoat, and would like to do the repair myself. My question is how difficult is it to color match? I have heard of a company that will color match, but I can't locate them (does anyone know of a company) is it worth doing it that way or should I try to color match myself? :471_confused_face:

Thanks for any help.

Hi Amaruq, I'm a newbie too.

As far as matching the color of your gelcoat, Good luck. You can buy the factory color by the make and hin#. That will get you in the ballpark. To get an exact match you will need a Jedi Gelcoat Master. Ive learned to live with slight discolorations.

And again goood luck.

Thanks for any help.

I had a small nick on the gelcoat. Went to my Grady dealer and got the exact match. Did it myself .