Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Dammmit - did it again!

I have an in-ground jacuzzi linked to the pool so that when you want to run the jacuzzi you have to throw a number of switches by the pump and turn on the gas heater.

Had the jacuzzi on last Thursday evening. When we finished I just threw the breaker in the garage rather than bother with all the switches.

Before we left for a basketball tournament in Orlando Friday afternoon I threw all the switches back so that the pool would be filtered over the weekend.

Got back this afternoon, air temp was about 94 so I jumped into the pool. Hmmm, feels a bit warm!

Yep, I hadn't switched off the gas. My jacuzzi temp is set at 102. THE POOL WAS A NICE AND TOASTY 92 DEGREES! :1992_beer_cheer:

My wife says she is going to throttle me if we wake up tomorrow with no hot water for showers! Hey, she can use the pool right!! :1143_neener_neener_neener:

Did it twice last year, this was the first for this year. What's the price of prophane these days anyway? :)

DOH~!!! :1898_: Oh, well......just tell her you were thinkin' of HER and that it was part of her Mother's Day gift - a nice WARM dip in the pool to relax..... :blink::wub:

Hmmm, maybe you have something there. Maybe a Mother's Day and Father's Day gift all wrapped up in one! :1992_beer_cheer:

Let's see here...........pool heaters are usually about 200-250,000 btu/hr so let's say three gallons of propane per hour (1gl = 91,300 btu)

You were gone for about 48 hours so.......3gph x 48hrs x $2.00/gl is probably about $275-$300 ..Just a guess.

Let's see here...........pool heaters are usually about 200-250,000 btu/hr so let's say three gallons of propane per hour (1gl = 91,300 btu)

You were gone for about 48 hours so.......3gph x 48hrs x $2.00/gl is probably about $275-$300 ..Just a guess.

Nope, on a timer. 6 to 11 pm right now. so just Friday and Sat for 5 hours each. However the Rheem 406A that I have is a 399K btu/hr.

So work that out for me?