Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Pipeline Tampa Bay

Took my wife, one of her friends from work(Veronica) and her son(Jared), and one of my old friends(Jayme) for a quick Snapper trip along the Pipeline. I didn't figure the bite would be very good because of the full moon, but the weather was nice, schedules cooperated, and who am I to pass up having three beatiful women on the boat with me. :1143_neener_neener_neener:

Since we had a babysitter at our house at 0515, time was a factor so I decided to skip on trying to catch live bait. Headed the 30+ miles to our first stop of the day and first bait in the water produced a smaller, but keeper sized Mangrove. Jayme promptly followed that up with a Trigger that we decided to let go. My wife then landed the best Mangrove of the day and the action here died. After a beer/sandwhich/pee break, we relocated a few miles and were just covered up in more Triggers. I stopped chumming for a little bit and it seemed like they moved on so I took the opportunity to downsize our leaders from 30# fluor to 20# fluoro and it was on :1992_beer_cheer:

Mangroves and Yellowtails were coming into the boat on every drop. Then came a series of break offs and the ladies getting owned by something and that's when the inevitable happened- I GOT TO SEE THE LADIES RED SNAPPERS :2261_high: My wife was able to get the first one in the boat. I followed suit with one that hit a free line. The Jayme needed a little help with hers. We caught around 15 and they were all around this size. All released to live until June 1st!

Not to be outdone, Jared was able to catch an undersized AJ that he got the assist from his mom on. And we were finally able to get back to the business of catching fish we could throw in the box. I cut us off at 25 because I hate to see any go to waste and I have to clean all of them and clean the boat. But still not a bad way to spend the day.

post-626-1241915304_thumb.jpg

post-626-1241915389_thumb.jpg

post-626-1241915413_thumb.jpg

post-626-1241915814_thumb.jpg

post-626-1241915868_thumb.jpg

post-626-1241915903_thumb.jpg

post-626-1241916017_thumb.jpg

post-626-1241916162_thumb.jpg

post-626-1241916261_thumb.jpg

Nice crew and a nicer hat. Someone gave me a Gators hat, but I mistakenly used it when I had to drop a deuce :239_fishing: J/K

Gary, there are a bunch of Mangroves here. They're just a little harder to catch than back home.

For those in the area, the water was a nice clean blue where we were in 100' and there were some Blackfin that were jumping about 200 yards in front of the boat. Also saw a shrimper anchored up about 22 miles out, but he was several miles south of my course and our time was limited.

Just trying to help the ladies. The women like my twisted steel and sex appeal.

BOOMER, you keep Fat Larry and Mush Mouth Michael. I prefer my crew over them. Think anyone would want to take us Tuna fishing in Venice?