Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

One Of The More Ignorant Things I've Seen Lately

swung by the grocery store on the way home to grab a case of beer & a couple of other items. Not suprisingly, only 2 lines were opened, and the store was full. I wait in the shorter of two lines, behind a family of about 10 people, armed with food stamps. They of course have a cart and a half worth of stuff. The cashier proceeds to scan everything as quickly as she can, and the bag boy was doing a heck of a job keeping up and bagging things ina proper manner. Then comes time to pay, and out comes the cute little food stamp card. It kicks back that they are over their quota on not just one or two items, but on over $150.00 worth of goods. The woman who was "paying" for all of this just stood there and told the cashier that she was basically going to have to dig out the overages, because she wasn't going to pay for them. Being that my transaction only took less than a minute, I saw them loading the stuff into their car in the parking lot, and of course they were loading a not very old Cadillac with nice shiney aftermarket wheels on it.

I am officially one step closer to either going to jail over such ignorance, or needing to be on happy meds.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky for me the gorcery store I go to doesn't get much of that, mostly older folks that are just as slow but for other reasons.

But.....I have definatly seen what you are talking about. These people don't work (not on the books anyway) and they keep having kids because the more kids you have the more government assistant you get.

Oh and uhhhhh.....while you were waiting all that time you were also paying for all their groceries. Thats perhaps the most frustrating part.

I saw them loading the stuff into their car in the parking lot, and of course they were loading a not very old Cadillac with nice shiney aftermarket wheels on it.

I am officially one step closer to either going to jail over such ignorance, or needing to be on happy meds.

They were only driving the Cadillac because the Bentley was in the shop, having the satellite TV adjusted.

Choose the happy pills. :wacko: Jail's no fun. Don't ask how I know....... :1925_:

Bit that gets me about grocery lines is being behind the lady, and ladies you know who you are, who has been in line for a while watching those in front of her get checked out. Then she watches as her stuff gets rung up and bagged. Then wait until the bill is totalled and the checkout girl tells her what the total is.... then...

...acts shocked and surprised that she has to pay, digs in her purse for her wallet, then counts out the right paper money then... instead of just slapping down another dollar and getting change, she asked the girl to remind her what the exact total was, then opens her little wallet zipper thang and starts digging for the exact change to the penny!

Sheesh. It ain't the first time you have been through a line lady, you know you're going to have to pay at the end, and just let the girl make change already!!!!

Oh and uhhhhh.....while you were waiting all that time you were also paying for all their groceries. Thats perhaps the most frustrating part.

That is the exact part that absolutely drives me over the edge. Here I am, dirty, tired, and just wanting to get home after a 12 hour work day, and drink one of my hard earned beers, and I can't, because of these retards........all the while I, and my other working class friends are the ones footing the bill.

Or after all that pulls out her checkbook, asks again how much. Writes the check, and then fills in her checkbook and folds it up. Then she looks around as if to say wtf are you looking at and then finally leaves. lol

That's my pet peeve at the grocery store....I mean really. Who the F still uses checks!?!?!?

That's my pet peeve at the grocery store....I mean really. Who the F still uses checks!?!?!?

They write checks because a DEBIT card knows how much cash you have on hand and will DECLINE the sale if you can't pay to play.

Nothing gets my butt more than looking for checks to write on. I know just where they are to place into the printer or better yet I mostly pay on line for regular monthly bills and let the bank pay for the postage.